Counsellor & Psychotherapist (MBACP)
Individual and Group Therapy
My name is Karen I am a qualified person-centred therapeutic counsellor and psychotherapist. I am registered with the ‘British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy‘ (MBACP). This means that I adhere to set standards for responsible and ethical practice.
I will provide a safe, confidential space in which we can discuss and explore what has brought you to counselling. This can be a difficult process and may be something you have never spoken about before. Part of the process is to support you on this journey, while we explore your feelings. To enable you to see things clearer, working through the issues together at your pace.
I run a private practice working with young people and adults. I also run a Loss & Bereavement group in Oakwood Surgery. I have over 14 years’ experience of working with young people in a school environment delivering one-to-one and group sessions with student who have a range of complex needs and those experiencing difficulties at school or home. This often included bullying, self-harm, anger management, anxiety, depression & bereavement.
I deliver Long or short-term face-to-face work, group support, Skype & Telephone counselling.
My Experience includes
- Running social & emotional groups for, self-esteem and general support groups to help overcome fear & anxiety, gain confidence and deal with emotions and other issues.
- Working alongside an educational psychologist to deliver CBT to individuals and groups.
- Voluntary counselling at a charitable organisation, for over 3 years, working with adults often with complex mental health needs, suffering from anxiety, depression, childhood issues, abuse relationship problems, bereavement and much more.
- Trained & Volunteered work with Cruse Bereavement
- Private Practice
- Diploma in therapeutic counselling.
- Working with Special Needs ie Autism, ADHD, Learning difficulties & emotional issues.
- Learning mentor
- Awareness in Bereavement Care with Cruse Bereavement
- Laughter therapy
- FEAR model for anxiety
- Cruse bereavement
- GamCare-supporting people with gambling addiction